COVID-19 Update: December, 2020
For those patients that are ready and comfortable to come to the office for eye care, we are making appointments for all services including routine eye exams and contact lens evaluations. As we recover from our more than 2-month forced closure, we have made several physical safety changes to the office, designated social distancing areas, implemented redundant sanitation protocols, and have acquired and are regularly utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). In addition, the following changes, recommended by the CDC, OSHA, the California Optometric Association and Marin County Health and Human Services have been instituted:
- Appointments are now REQUIRED for all services (including contact lens and eyeglasses dispenses, frame repairs, and frame adjustments, etc.) Patients must arrive for their appointment alone and on time (if you are early, please wait in your vehicle until your appointment time). For appointments, please call (415) 454-0354 or email: email@example.com
- Unfortunately, Unappointed Drop-Ins visits, Pets or Patient Companions are NOT ALLOWED at this time. To control exposure and for contact tracing, we are only allowing a maximum of 3 persons in the office at any one time. Once maximum capacity has been reached, the front doors will be locked and patients will need to wait outside or in their vehicle.
- Face Coverings are REQUIRED to enter the office. No Mask = No Service = No Exceptions
- Upon entry into the office, every patient will be required to sanitize his/her hands, have his/her temperature taken, and be asked to answer the CDC recommended COVID-19 screening questions. If you are sick, have a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees F, and/or do not pass our screening questions, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- In order to safely accommodate as many patients as possible, every individual’s In-Person/In-Office time will be limited to a maximum of 1 hour. To achieve this, we will be utilizing online paperwork, streamlining our pre-exam testing procedures, requiring Optomap Retinal Imaging (eliminating routine pupil dilation), delegating one-on-one optician time for efficient frame selection, and implementing touchless payment options (cash and checks will no longer be accepted) for a simplified exit.
- Appropriate 6-feet Social Distancing measures will be strictly enforced throughout the office.
- Lastly, we will be diligently, repetitively, and thoroughly disinfecting all rooms, surfaces and instruments between each patient encounter utilizing CDC and FDA approved disinfection methods. In addition, UV-aided air filtration instruments are strategically placed within the office to disinfect and improve air flow. And, most importantly, all eyeglass frames, handled by anyone, will be chemically and/or UV-sanitized on a regular basis.
We appreciate your patience and realize that some of these protocol changes may be inconvenient to you, but we are implementing them for your safety and the safety of others. If you feel uncomfortable or reluctant to comply with these requirements, then we kindly ask those patients to delay their appointments with us until the CDC and local health agencies relax their restrictions, which will then allow us to relax our protocols.
In addition, we understand that many of our patients have fallen on hard financial times due to the pandemic and the economy. For those interested, we can privately arrange individualized payment options. Just ask!
Drs. Ronald Garcia, Jeffrey Iwami and Staff